VISALIA'S SUSTAINABLE ENERGY HUB
Visalia is situated in an excellent area for solar and bioenergy generation with ample opportunities for enhancing energy and water efficiency, transportation options, and social equity. Transitioning to a more sustainable energy supply not only provides environmental benefits like enhanced air quality, but it also delivers a host of economic benefits from green job creation to market development.
Below, you'll the latest resources and information available for expanding the clean energy market in the City of Visalia, whether you're a resident, business, installer or local government agency. Explore the City's tailored policy roadmap that is designed to help the community accelerate clean energy technology deployment by making project development easier and more cost-effective.
Visalia is a part of the San Joaquin Valley region.
Energy & Climate Profile
Local Clean Energy Incentives & Financing Programs
- CaliforniaFIRST Residential Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Financing - Clean energy project financing for homeowners.
- HERO Program Residential Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Financing - Clean energy and water efficiency project financing.
- CaliforniaFIRST Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Financing - Clean energy project financing for businesses.
- California Database of State Incentives For Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE) - Federal, state, local, and utility incentives and policies.
- Educational Employee's Credit Union Energy Efficiency Loan - Competitive clean energy financing from a San Joaquin Valley-based CU.
- CHF Residential Energy Retrofit Program - Competitive clean energy financing sponsored by the California Home Finance Authority.
- PowerSaver Loan Program - Federal Housing Administration-backed clean energy financing.
- GRID Alternatives - Non-profit organization that sponsors solar PV installations for qualifying low-income homeowners.
Local Utility Customer Resources
- Southern California Edison's Tulare Energy Education Center - Workforce development classes and workshops.
- Southern California Edison's Energy Saving Resources for Homes and Businesses - Incentives for energy-efficient equipment.
- Valley Innovative Energy Watch - Energy savings program for Tulare and Kings County residents and businesses.
- Central Valley Energy Tune-Up - Free home and business energy assessment program for Central Valley residents.