AVENAL'S SUSTAINABLE ENERGY HUB
Avenal is located in an excellent area for solar and bioenergy generation with ample opportunities for enhancing energy and water efficiency, transportation options, and social equity. Transitioning to a more sustainable energy supply not only provides environmental benefits like enhanced air quality, but it also delivers a host of economic benefits from green job creation to market development.
Below, you'll the latest resources and information available for expanding the clean energy market in the City of Avenal, whether you're a resident, business, installer or local government agency. Explore the City's tailored policy roadmap that is designed to help the community accelerate clean energy technology deployment by making project development easier and more cost-effective.
Avenal is a part of the San Joaquin Valley region.
Energy & Climate Profile
The City of Avenal has selected several priority goals to pursue under the Sustainable Energy Roadmap initiative:
- Set an energy efficiency target for existing municipal buildings and create an energy reduction plan to achieve goal.
- Set water conservation target for municipal operations that exceeds state reduction goals.
- Enact a community-wide water conservation ordinance that meets/exceeds state reduction goals.
- Establish a renewable energy target for municipal facilities or offset a portion of municipal electricity usage with green power.
- Incorporate renewable energy goals and strategies into long-term planning documents, such as General Plans.
- Provide renewable energy educational resources and evaluation tools to the community.
- Integrate transportation-related smart growth goals and strategies into long-term planning documents, such as General Plans.
Over the coming months, the Sustainable Energy Roadmap team will be providing targeted technical assistance to support the City in the acheivement of these goals. Click on the roadmap image below to explore other the goals in Avenal's custom roadmap.
Clean Energy Incentives & Financing Programs
- Ygrene PACE Financing Program Partner - Property assessed clean energy project financing for homeowners and businesses.
- California Database of State Incentives For Renewables and Efficiency (DSIRE) - Federal, state, local, and utility incentives and policies.
- Educational Employee's Credit Union Energy Efficiency Loan - Competitive clean energy financing from a San Joaquin Valley-based CU.
- CHF Residential Energy Retrofit Program - Competitive clean energy financing sponsored by the California Home Finance Authority.
- PowerSaver Loan Program - Federal Housing Administration-backed clean energy financing.
- GRID Alternatives - Non-profit organization that sponsors solar PV installations for qualifying low-income homeowners.
Utility Customer Resources
- Pacific Gas & Electric's Energy Saving Resources for Homes and Businesses - Clean energy incentives and resources.
- Valley Innovative Energy Watch - Energy savings program for Tulare and Kings County residents and businesses.
- Central Valley Energy Tune-Up - Free home and business energy assessment program for Central Valley residents.